Last updated 28 May 2021
Below you will find the X1 Privacy and Cookies Policy. X1 and its affiliates such as “X1”, “we”, “us” commit to protect, store and respect your personal data for the services to be working correctly for you. “X1” may also represent the various products, services, the website, and its content as well as other materials provided by X1.
The information we collect
Some of the data we collect is the one you provide at the time of registering and joining our platform. This type of Personal Information may include:
- your full name;
- photo of yours in order to identify you as an indivisual;
- any government ID number, social security number, or any other number that associates with your identity;
- the address of your residence, city, state, country, or postal code information;
- your phone number and email address;
- your date of birth;
- some additional banking details;
- information regarding the virtual currency that you express interest in or possess;
- any additional information that you believe is relevant and choose to provide to us;
We collect some information automatically and it has nothing to do with revealing your personality or individual characteristics. This data is used by us to get a better understanding of the user’s browsing habits and patterns. We collect this information for statistical purposes only. Some of this type of data may include:
- Log Information: We collect your IP Address, the browser of your preferred usage, the time you logged in, the pages you viewed as well the time spent on a single page. We also track the initial page you visited that redirected you to our website or platform to use our services.
- Device Information: We collect information that gives us a glance at the device you are using such as the hardware model, the operating system you use and its version, some other unique device identifiers, as well as mobile network information.
- Exchange information: We do collect information that gives us a better understanding of the transactions you make on our platform, the amount of virtual currency you use for the transactions, the types of transactions as well as the types of virtual currency of your preference.
IP Addresses and computer information
We may collect information regarding the device you are using, as well as your IP Addresses. The reason behind this is that we need this information as statistical data that we provide to our advertisers. You need to know that this information does not, by any means, reveal your personal identity.
By continuing to use our website, you agree to the following cookies:
- Cookies of obligatory matter for our site to run smoothly: logging in, registering, transactions and any other user usage of our website;
- Cookies that we use to get analytical data and that serve as better upgrading our performance purposes;
- Cookies that observe and target the users’ actions on our platform;
- Cookies used by third parties for analytical, statistical and advertisement purposes;
The third party cookies that we use are connected with our service providers – their role is to assist us in better understanding the users’ behaviour and work patterns when browsing through our website and using our services. This helps us to upgrade and update regularly our platform because we have a clue of how each user interacts with our platform. Our service providers use this information gathered by the third party cookies to send reports back to us. It’s important to mention that some of the third party cookies information may be linked to the type of personal data we do collect from our users and clients while they are using our website. You must know that the service providers are constantly restricted from using the information they receive other than to assist us and send us regular reports regarding users’ behaviour, preference and website usage.
Third-party providers that we use include:
- Google Analytics;
- Google Tag Manager;
- Microsoft Clarity;
By using the Site, you agree with cookies being enabled while you use it. If you don’t want to accept cookies being enabled on the Site, you must leave it and not use it.
Some of the reasons for us to use your personal information may include:
- in order to verify your identity;
- for us to process your transactions on our website;
- provide you with some additional information regarding some trading and financing features;
- personalization of your X1 experience;
- in order for us to analyse the X1 website usage and to upgrade and improve our platform and the services we offer;
- to keep in touch with you regarding X1 services and website features;
- provide you with information and response to your questions and requests;
- give away information regarding similar products, services or features that you already use and that you might express interest in;
- letting you know about any changes, updates and upgrades;
- provide you with news regarding our website features and users’ navigation.
When we may disclose your Personal Data or Information
In some instances, we may disclose part of or all of your Personal Information or Data to third parties or legal authorities. The following instances describe when and why we might do so.
Third parties disclosure instances:
Some of your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties such as:
- Service providers such as business partners, suppliers or sub-contractors;
- Advertisers for them to select and show to you ads relevant to your interests and user behaviour;
- Analytics and/or search engine providers that help us when it comes to website and platform optimization and upgrade;
- It’s important to be mentioned that all our third party providers and partners are bound by contract to protect, store and save your personal information without disclosing it to other parties except for the instances when this is required by law.
Disclosing your Personal Information required by law to legal authorities
The following cases may lead to us sharing your personal information with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities:
- If we consider disclosure is in accordance with any law, regulation or legal procedure;
- If we assume disclosure is needed to prevent any harm or financial loss;
- If disclosure is obligatory to report certain illegal activity;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of X1.
International Transfer of Personal Data
The Personal Data you provide to us and we collect is stored in data centers around the world where the X1 facilities are located. In some cases, we may transfer some of your Personal Information outside of the EEA – we are informing you that these actions are in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How to correct, update or delete your Personal Data:
Every client has the right to correct, change, update or permanently delete their information that was initially shared with us. In order to do so feel free to send us an e-mail at: [email protected]
with your request. Please do keep in mind that our team may charge you with a small fee in order for you to have access to the information you have requested.
You have the right to correct, update or delete any inaccurate and/or incorrect data by contacting us at [email protected]
We shall continue the procedure of deletion or destruction of your Personal Information only when we check if the request is in accordance with the legal and regulatory obligations.
Is your Personal Information protected and safe?
We are more than happy to inform you that we take some extra measures when it comes to storing and protecting your Personal Information. Some of these security measures include:
- Password-protected directories and databases;
- We give access to your personal information only to authorised personnel – all of our employees are bounded by contract to treat your Personal Data as confidential;
- Secure Sockets Layered (SSL) technology to encrypt and send your information across the Internet securely;
- We prevent your information from being hacked by using PCI Scanning;
- All wallet private keys are encrypted and stored securely.
Retention of Personal Information